Saturday, August 30, 2008

Somehow, I feel I have to keep this thing going. I have a few more interesting pictures I'd like to share with the world.

This is an Open Spandral Arch Bridge over the St. Joseph River in South Bend Indiana. They sure don't build'em like that any more.

Another view of the same bridge.

You'll see alot of bridges in my blog as that is apart of what I do for a living, I inspect bridges for the state of Indiana. It's kinda cool.

This is a close-up of the nose end of a B-17 bomber used in WW-II. My high school drafting teacher flew one of these in the BIG ONE. He shared with us a great story about this flying machine and his part in the war. I'll cherish his story for a lifetime. Maybe I'll share it sometime.

May God rest your soul, Mr. Howard.

Now I had the pleasure of viewing two old covered bridges last week in Jennings County Indiana. I've lived in this state all my life and grew up in a neighboring county and never knew they were even here.

This one is just off of SR-3 south of Vernon, Indiana. It's in very good shape for it's age (about 140 years old). A few people have bumped into it over the years, but it should be around for a good long time.



This one is just outside the small town of Scipio, Indiana in northern Jennings County. It has the very unique feature of a window in the side of the bridge. This is so you can see other vehicles before they enter the bridge.


Pretty cool ahh?

1 comment:

Beth Carter said...

Great pics Greg. You are quite the photographer even with some bum eyes. Yesterday I had to drive home with one eye and I was thinking of you the whole time.